Dr. Kearney's presentation focuses on :
- characteristics of youth who are chronically absent or refuse to attend school,
- needs assessment
- interventions and strategies for youth who are chronically absent or refuse to attend school.
Attendees will leave with strategies to address:
- preventative options,
- techniques for emerging cases, and
- approaches for very severe and chronic cases.
As a result of attending, participants will:
- Be able to describe five characteristics of youth who are chronically absent or refuse to attend school;
- Be able to list three protocols to assess needs of the child who demonstrates chronic absenteeism;
- Be able to describe three preventative options that may decrease problem absenteeism;
- Be able to list four techniques that are typically beneficial in emerging cases of problem absenteeism;
- List three typically beneficial approaches for very severe and chronic cases.
8:15am: Check-in and Continental Breakfast
9:00am to 12:00pm: Focus on introduction, characteristics, and Tier III interventions with assessment, as well as more severe cases
12:00-12:45: Lunch at SERESC
12:45-2:00 Focus on Tier II interventions with assessment
2:00-3:30 Focus on Tier I interventions with assessment
$240.00 per participant
$215.00 early registration by September 10, 2015---Enter discount code: early*registration
Click here for Registration